How french drain protects your house in Charlotte NC
A french drain company Charlotte is the best solution to get rid of the stagnated water in front of your house yard or in the basement in Charlotte NC. Actually, it consists of the trench which is covered with the rock or gravel as a filter. This trench serves to capture the groundwater directly from the home in Charlotte NC. It can also utilize the pipes which are holed to vent the water which comes through the gravel into the drain. The most common use of using FDs is to redistribute water which sits against on a foundation which may cause structural damage in the future.
10 tips for french drains handling
- Determine the best location to install the drain – It depends on the location where you have problem area is located or nearby elevation and depends on the condition of the soil.
- Which design is the best choice: This design tips will help to solve the sitting to ensure the proper slope, depth and more. When it arises of grimy soil which is located outside place, then you can get help from experts and they will give you a best solution according to your unique feature of area and property.
- Next step to prepare to dig the French drain – Before digging need to know whether it will affect neighbours and also should follow the city codes for your new drainage solution.
- Hire expert: Therefore, it is time to contact the local utility company to know the underground lines marked before digging. Once you start digging the depth will be 8 inches to 2 feet if it is anywhere according to your needs and options available.
- Measure the grading – This process starts with two risk factors into the ground to mark the trench dimension. The taut string will be tied between which allows for easy grade measurement when the digging process begins. When the process is performing regular measuring will be performed throughout and checked regularly.
- Excavate a trench across the slope – Excavating the trench is the most important portion of the project which includes the labor-intensive when it is start being dug and constant measurement for grating is necessary.
- Trench required: The width of the trench depends on the problem in the drainage if the problem is small then the trench width is 5 to 6 inches wide if the problem is more than larger and wider trench is required.
- Add fabric – once the trench is dug it should be linked with the landscape of fabric then additionally gravel will be added. This fabric will prevent the dirt from mixing with the gravel and it allows the water to percolate into the gravel. Once this fabric is placed then the light load gravel will be added and cover the corners over the top to keep the fabric in place without moving.
- Next is add pipe – later this need to place the perforated pipe at the bottom of the trench where pipe need to be directed towards the outlet of the drain which is away from the house.
Fill the gravel – the French drain is complete nearly once after placing the pipe need to fill with the gravel at whatever size. Once it is filled on the top then another layer of landscape fabric should be placed and cover it with the topsoil and with the new lawn.