By Dr. Lars Håkanson (auth.)
Read Online or Download A Manual of Lake Morphometry PDF
Best geology books
An illustrated consultant for somebody wishing to go to and discover lively volcanoes adequately and enjoyably.
The aim of the publication is to hyperlink jointly wisdom received within the remark of dust volcanism and native seismicity. Geological, Seismological, Geophysical and Geochemical parameters are thought of. The publication represents the trendy cutting-edge after many a long time of observations. The publication fills an article hole and improves wisdom within the fields of common hazards and effort assets.
AAPG's stories in Geology fifty eight, Geology of Cuba, presents a basic description of the geology of the island, an up-to-date description of its stratigraphy, and interpretation of its complicated buildings, a few mechanism for its emergence from the Caribbean, and an outline of its petroleum occurrences. This e-book is amply illustrated, and gives cross-references to geographic localities and stratigraphic devices.
E-book by way of Nagel, Rob
- Lectures on geology;: Being outlines of the science,
- Extending a Continent: Architecture, Rheology and Heat Budget (Geological Society Special Publication)
- Regional Geology and Tectonics: Phanerozoic Rift Systems and Sedimentary Basins
- Depositional Models of Shelf and Shoreline Sandstones - Course Notes
- INTURGEO - Intl. Uranium Geology System (IAEA TECDOC-471)
- The Crystal Structures of the Alkaline Earth Metals
Additional resources for A Manual of Lake Morphometry
26). Table 8. 45 krn3 • Now, how can this value be corrected and what is the certainty of the volume determination? A correction factor is obtained from Table 9. 996 for Lake Vanern. 45 krn3. -<::: .. 5) / ; ; : ; / ' / ' /' Q. , J:. -8 ~:y// //. / / (%) / / f Fig. 26. S) Table 9. 9993 (see Table 10). 45). 6 %. Table. 10. 0000 1. 0004 This method to determine the lake volume is, in principle, valid for all lake types. However, for lakes with rather JIl)re complex relative hypsographic curves the correction factor has to be established in a different manner.
23. _~~; defined by the general compass direction of the maximum length (Lmax). It is SW - NE in Lake Vanern. ~~g~ (10 in km); can be determined with map measurer (Fig. 23), or better with CTP-technique (= checkered transparent paper), (see Hakanson, 1978a). The manual for determinations of shoreline length with CTP-technique is accordingly: 1. e. the lake area plus the total area of islands, is assumed to be known. A = S 893 km for Lake Vanern. 2. The optimal map scale for the determination of the shoreline length is given by: S 'V 36 S SOO-vA (13) where s = the scale factor, equal to liS, where S is the map scale.
15). The effective fetch gives a more representative measure of how the wind governs the waves (wave length, wave height) than the effective length, since several wind directions are taken into account. A proper figure of the effective fetch is rather easy to determine by means of a special transparent paper illustrated on Fig. 16. ~~ 27 t'2· Lei 9Cdh-de) dh de zh Ze -+(i) \ --------~WIND STOPS c (ii) /I , ----~---- interv al seiche Fig. 14. MOvement caused by (i) wind stress and (ii) subsequent Direct ion n.